Pillowell is a small, friendly village set between Whitecroft and Yorkley. It was designated a conservation area in September 1999.
The village benefits from a small primary school, a 19th century Methodist Chapel, Village Hall, Recreation Ground and a Silver Band. Pillowell has a real sense of community spirit and has approximately 105 dwellings. It was originally a small mining community supported by many local shops and public houses.
Today the shops and public houses have gone and the many original forest cottages have been refurbished and extended. A strong sense of our historical past is important and the newly refenced recreation ground pays homage to the forest miners who dug this ares for villagers back in 1921.